IBS / Treatment
Inflammatory bowel Syndrome is commonly associated with chronic inflammation and discomfort of an animal’s bowels, but is not linked with any type of gastrointestinal disease. IBS generally causes severe symptoms such as diarrhea or ulceration of the digestive tract.
Related to: Leaky Gut / Ulcerative Colitis / Crohn’s disease
Low fiber diet
Chronic Diarrhea (may contain blood or mucus)
Vomiting (may contain blood)
Loss of appetite
Loud stomach rumbles
Frequent passage of small amounts of feces and mu
Your vet may recommend a prescription diet, steroids, antibiotics, drugs,but we have yet to see proof of any of these remedies healing IBS. We spoke with a veterinarian on this subject a few years back and he said IBS is very rare in young cats and when some vets are not sure what is causing chronic diarrhea, they assume it is IBS. A PCR test can rule out Tritrichomonas which is an extremely foul smelling diarrhea that will only go away by use of a horrific drug called Ronidazole. This drug can cause side effects such as neurological wobbling. One pet owner was able to counteract the side effect with a vitamin supplement.
Holistic Recommendations from DeAnimal Saver
1. Vitamins supplements to Boost the immune system for faster healing
2. Probiotics do wonders for the immune system. Be sure to give at least 2hrs away from antibiotics or they will cancel each other out.
3. One day fast before starting a high protein diet.
4. Clean diet high in protein / eliminate kibble
5. Slippery Elm
6. Diatomaceous Earth (human grade only)
7. Homeopathy Arsenicum
To book a pet consultation form fill out and submit it to DeAnimal Saver