Urinary Tract Infection / Treatments
Urinary Tract Function:
The urinary system, also known as the renal system, produces, stores and eliminates urine, the fluid waste excreted by the kidneys. The kidneys make urine by filtering wastes and extra water from blood. Urine travels from the kidneys through two thin tubes called ureters and fills the bladder.
Five main functions of the Urinary Tract
1. Prevent the buildup of wastes and extra fluid in the body
2. Keep levels of electrolytes, such as potassium and phosphate, stable
3. Make hormones that help regulate blood pressure
4. Make red blood cells
5. Keep bones strong
The urinary tract is the body’s drainage system for removing urine, which is composed of wastes and extra fluid. In order for normal urination to occur, all body parts in the urinary tract need to work together in the correct order.
There doesn’t seem to be one main cause of UTI. Some of the suspects include:
interstitial cystitis (painful bladder syndrome); viruses, bacterial infections.
Straining to urinate
Yowling, or making other sounds, while urinating
Urinating only small amounts of urine at a time, or none at all
Frequent trips to the litter box
Blood in the urine
Urinating outside the litter box
Changes in water consumption, often an increase
Licking the genital area
Your veterinarian may want to conduct a cystocopy to determine whether there might be cysts, stones, or polyps in the urinary tract.
FLUTD: Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease:
A urinary tract infection is not the same as feline lower urinary tract disease, or FLUTD. Cats frequently suffer from idiopathic cystitis, where the urinary tract becomes inflamed, resulting in many of the same symptoms as a UTI — frequent urination of small amounts of urine, straining and blood-tinged urine. Occasionally, struvite or calcium oxalate crystals form, a painful and potentially dangerous condition for a cat. If inflammation or crystals is an issue with your cat, a change in diet may help her urinary tract’s health.
Holistic Recommendation from DeAnimal Saver
1. High water consumption:
You can add water to your pet’s food, feed human grade protein meats, eliminate
kibble which only contributes to inflammation of the urinary tract, and kibble only
contains 5-10% water compared to canned food which contains 70 – 80% water.
2. Don’t feed dry foods that promote acidic or alkaline urine.
3. Herbs that are very beneficial in healing the Urinary Tract:
Blackseed, Brown Mustard seed, Olive Leaf, Lemons, Pine Needles, Pau D’arco
4. Washing your cat in a rinse of lemon, green tea, apple cider vinegar and water will keep her backside clean and minimize the introduction of new bacteria to her urinary tract.
5. Keep litter boxes and dog beds clean and provide a very non-stressful environment for your pet.
6. Detox the Urinary Tract
7. Add vitamins to your pet’s food to Boost the immune system. A strong immune
system will keep our pets healthy.
Order now: https://www.nuvetlabs.com/order_new2/products.asp
To book a pet consultation form fill out and submit it to DeAnimal Saver